Sunday, January 29, 2012

I’ve been tagged….

My friend Emily at Amazing Grapes tagged me in a post and since I haven’t blogged in 5 months, at least this is a post.  So, I’m supposed to do the following. 

1. you must post the rules.
2. post 11 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 11 new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
4. tag 11 people and link them on your post
5. let them know you've tagged them!

Here are my fun facts:

1.  I am 100% obsessed with the Backstreet Boys.  Have been since I was 19 years old.  Something funny?  I bought their CD with I was maybe a sophomore in high school and hated it.  So, I sold it.  When I was 19, I had to go back and buy it again because by then I was in love…..all thanks to their Disney Channel concert special.  My little sister, who was 9 at the time, is 100% to blame for my unhealthy crush on AJ.

2.  I should be hooked up to a Diet Coke IV to just make my consumption more streamlined.  Although I set a goal this week to only have 2 sodas a day (and not two 44 oz. sodas…..2 12 oz. cans….I’m proud to say I did a great job!)

3.  I have gone on at least a 5 day vacation with my husband (sans children) every year since we have been married.  I highly recommend this practice.  It’s good for us AND the kids.

4.  I recently started working out 3-4 times a week by going to the gym and doing different types of group exercise classes.  I thought I was coordinated until I tried Zumba.

5.  In order to really want to go to the gym, I bought my first ever real workout clothes within the past month.  Would you believe that even with my athletic background, I’ve never really had honest to goodness workout clothes?

6.  I am pretty sure I have an addictive personality, which is one of the many reasons why I don’t drink, smoke, etc.  That and, of course, it’s against my religion Smile

7.  I have met the Backstreet Boys 3 times in person (see, I have already talked about them twice….totally obsessed) and gave AJ my phone number (long story about that one but needless to say he never called……or did he?  I had a blocked number call me the day after and didn’t answer it in time….I’ll never know)

8.  My sister is exactly 10 years, 6 months, and 22 days younger than me…..and there are no other siblings.

9.  My first car was an old volkswagon bug that has a metallic blue paint job as per my request (my grandpa pretty much thought I was the coolest person ever and did it for me) and personalized license plates.

10.  Me and two of my best friends in high school would pile in the front seat of that bug during 2nd period to go and get sodas and donuts….and yes we would bring some back for the teacher, who never complained of us being late to his class.

11.  I stay up way too late almost every night and am mad at myself every single morning for doing it.

No, since Emily tagged me, here are the questions she asked me to answer.

1.How old were you when you had your 1st kiss?  I do believe I kissed Trevor Rollins when I was 3.  Does that count?  The first one where I knew what it was about was in the 6th grade….so however old I was then.  11 or 12?
2.Do you remember your first kiss’s name? If so, what is it?  Trevor Rollins at age 3 and Kelly Blackburn in the 6th grade.
3.Where’s the furthest you’ve traveled?  Probably Puerto Rico
4.Where’s your favorite place to getaway?  If it’s local, either my bedroom, bathtub, or somewhere to get a massage.  It it’s not local, anywhere with a beach.
5.What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?  Cookie dough
6.Do you prefer a wood fireplace or gas fireplace? and why?  Gas.  It’s easier and I don’t have to clean it.
7.What was your very first car?  Haha!  See my random facts above.
8.If you were forced to choose between a chapstick, toothbrush or hairbrush to go with you on a deserted island, which one would you pick?  Good question!  I would probably say toothbrush (but only if I could bring toothpaste too….otherwise what’s the point?).  My first thought was chapstick but maybe I could find a plant with some moisturizer type stuff and dreadlocks would just have to be ok.
9.What past time period would you like to live in? and why?  I wouldn’t want to go back in time at all.  We have life so easy and I am incredibly high maintenance so I need the modern conveniences.  But, if I HAD to choose, maybe Victorian and I have no idea why…..the pretty dresses?
10.Which food could you not live without?  Bread.
11.Which food do you believe is of the devil? {figuratively speaking of course}  Maple butter Blondies from Applebees.

Now I’m supposed to tag 11 people.  If you want to do it, feel free.  It’s fun.

Rachael, Chelsea, Chalise, Sarah, Tiffany, Karen, and since I’m a slacker blogger, and it appears that a lot of my friends are too, so I don’t know if they’ll even see this post or not, so if there is anybody else out there who wants to participate, feel free Smile

Here are my 11 questions to you.

1.  Where is your favorite vacation spot?

2.  Would you rather sleep in or wake up with the sun and why?

3.  Who is your oldest friend (not oldest in age but who have you been friends with the longest?) and what is your favorite thing about him/her?

4.  What is your favorite song and why?

5.  If you were stranded on a desert island, what are 3 things you would like to have there with you (assuming you already had food and shelter).

6.  What’s one word that describes you?

7.  What’s a phrase or word that you say all the time?

8.  When someone meets you, what do you think their first impression of you is?

9.  If you suddenly had one million dollars given to you, what would you do with it?

10.  If you could spend an entire week by yourself, in your own home, without your children, hubby, friends, etc., what would you do with your time?

11. How many states have you visited?

1 comment:

Emily w/Amazing Grapes said...

Loved your randomness and answers!

Gosh, talk about always wondering if he called you from that blocked number. Hard to live with... ;)

I think I'd adopt your 5 day vaca every year w/just the husband if I were in your shoes. I agree its best for all!!

Thanks for playing along with me. :)